Thank you to everyone who nominated outstanding CB research and researchers for the awards. We received some truly impressive submissions from around the world, and are thrilled to announce this year’s CBSIG Award Winners:
The CBSIG 2023-24 rising star is Luca Cascio Rizzo from Luiss Guido Carli University. The CBSIG Rising Star Award honors advanced doctoral students or candidates in marketing, advertising, or psychology in good standing at an AACSB university; rising stars have demonstrated research productivity (e.g., conference presentations, journal articles) and a bright future in consumer behavior research.
The 2023-24 Research in Practice award goes to:
– Wendy De La Rosa (The Wharton School) and Stephanie M. Tully (USC Marshall School of Business) for their 2022 JCR article, “The Impact of Payment Frequency on Consumer Spending and Subjective Wealth Perceptions”.
– Shane Wang (Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech), Jiaxiu He (University of Texas at Arlington), David J. Curry (University of Cincinnati) and Jun Hyun (Joseph) Ryoo (W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University), for their 2022 JM article, “Attribute Embedding: Learning Hierarchical Representations of Product Attributes from Consumer Reviews”.
The CBSIG Consumer Research in Practice Award recognizes scholarly research articles that contribute significantly to marketing practice. This year’s award is based on that appeared in a refereed journal (including but not limited to Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, and Journal of Consumer Psychology) in the calendar year 2022. The winning article must meet the following criteria:
- Rigorous scholarly research
- Addresses an important marketing managerial issue
- An explicit objective of contributing to marketing practice
- Strong and compelling marketing implications
- Potential applicability across a range of products, services, and/or industries
The 2023-24 Lifetime Achievement award winner is Barbara E. Kahn from The Wharton School.
The CBSIG Lifetime Achievement Award honors scholars in marketing, advertising, or psychology with a significant body of work in developing and advancing consumer research, including articles in AMA journals and active membership in AMA during most of one’s career.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Note: CBSIG officers recused themselves of evaluating any nominations that presented a potential conflict of interest.