We at CBSIG trust you are keeping well and are getting all excited about the upcoming AMA Winter Educators’ Conference that will take place two weeks from now in the comfort of your own home. There are always plenty of insightful sessions, workshops, and pre- and post-conference events, so we figured it would be helpful for CBSIG membership to get a summary of selected sessions that are likely to be of interest. There are a lot of great things happening so get ready to buckle up!
First, CBSIG is organizing a fantastic special session:
Recent Findings on Numeric Framings
We have an impressive team of presenters and their co-authors for this special session chaired by Mathew Isaac and Julio Sevilla. This session is Friday afternoon at 1:30–2:45 CT, and you have to be registered for Winter AMA in order to virtually attend it.
CBSIG reception, Friday, Feb. 19, 5:30-6:30 CT
As always, continuing our tradition, don’t forget to tune in and catch up with other fellow CBSIG members at our CBSIG virtual reception during which we will be giving out our three prestigious annual CBSIG awards (Rising Star Award, Lifetime Achievement Award, and Research in Practice Award). Please note that you do not need to register for the conference to attend the CBSIG reception – simply join using the following Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/91282400314?pwd=ZHc2cjdtV3NDSkZXZlpnZGRhS1QyQT09
Additionally, there are at least several other CB-focused sessions this time around. In what follows, we underscore just a selected few – do check the full program for more CB-relevant programming.
- Cross-national Consumer Research – Wednesday, 17 Feb 10:30am CT
- Marketing Vice: The Influences and Impacts of Vice Platforms, Products, and Services – Wednesday, 17 Feb 1:30pm CT
- Fostering Customer-Brand Relationships – Wednesday, 17 Feb 3pm CT
- Consumer Psychology – Wednesday, 17 Feb 3pm CT
- JM-MSI Special Issue: From Marketing Priorities to Research Agendas 1 – Thursday, 18 Feb 8:45am CT
- Social Responsibility and Consumer Behavior – Thursday, 18 Feb 9:00am CT
- Examining Cultural Drivers on Experiences of Humanity – Thursday, 18 Feb 9:00am CT
- Exploring Consumer Well-being Across Cultures – Thursday, 18 Feb 10:30am CT
- Conversation, Location, Augmentation: Latest Insights on User-Generated Content and New Consumer Technologies – Thursday, 18 Feb 1:30pm CT
- Understanding Consumers – Thursday, 18 Feb 1:30pm CT
- JM-MSI Special Issue: From Marketing Priorities to Research Agendas 2 – Thursday, 18 Feb 4:30pm CT
- JM-MSI Special Issue: From Marketing Priorities to Research Agendas 3 – Friday, 19 Feb 8:45am CT
- Communications and Messaging for the Better Good: Learning about and Designing for Consumers in the Digital Age – Friday, 19 Feb 3pm
Finally, there are some other events before and after Winter AMA that you may want to check out.
- JMR/DocSIG Scholarly Insights Collaboration – Monday, Feb 15, 2021 at 3:30–4:30 PM CT
- Utilizing Natural Language Processing (NLP) in Marketing Research including Presentation on Text Mining in Marketing & Coding Workshop – Tuesday, Feb 16, 2021 at 1:00–5:30 PM CT
- Post-Conference: Journal of International Marketing Theory and Practice in Global Marketing – Saturday, Feb 20, 2021 at 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM CT and Sunday, Feb 21, 2021 at 7:00–1:00 PM CT
We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!
Your CBSIG Leadership Team:
Donna Hoffman, Tiffany White, June Cotte, Julio Sevilla, Mansur Khamitov, Jennifer Stoner, and Jared Watson